Pages

Wednesday, May 11, 2016

Peace Out Homies

Okay, here's the thing: I have been blogging for 228 days.

In other words, my blog has been up on the internet for seven months and fifteen days. That's over half a year.

When I posted my first blog post back in September, I never thought it would effect me this way. I feel like my writing was very limited back then, and over these seven months, I have allowed myself to improve my writing without really trying too hard. With the multiple blog assignments over the course of the year and allowing myself to expand my writing abilities at my own pace. I was able to put my feelings into words as I told stories about my life and my past over the year. The Salty Stressball was a very good outlet for me to write whenever I had the time. I enjoyed being able to talk about things I am interested in, and not having to conform to an essay prompt or something like that.

That being said, I most likely won't be continuing to update this blog after I depart from ninth grade. As of right now, I feel like this is a very reasonable time to finish blogging. The end of my first high school year is just around the corner, and I'm ready to leave everything slightly in the past.

I've been through a lot this year, and I'm kind of ready to just move on. Although this was a wonderful project and I have grown so much because of it, I think it is time to say goodbye.

Farewell to the outstanding website of blogger.com, which never had issues with text sizes. Adios to the blog posts that always got to five hundred words, and never less than than. Au revoir to the credited pictures that were never, not ever, taken straight off of google images.

Peace out cool cats. See you never.
Blogging will always be a strong memory of my ninth grade year, and I'm very thankful for that. I never expected that I would enjoy it as much as I did. I didn't love blogging as if it were my first born child, but I liked it like someone might like eating a peanut butter and jelly sandwich. I believe that blogging was a very important experience that I needed.

For those of you have been reading my blog since the very beginning, if there even is anyone, thank you. Your views are greatly appreciated. Now for the last time of the year, I have one last thing to say.

Anyway, carry on.
xx Em

No comments:

Post a Comment